Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
By submitting information or data to the TVZ website, or by extracting information or data from the TVZ website, or by registering with TVZ, you agree to our terms and conditions which will govern your use of the TVZ website (‘the Website’).
IMPORTANT: The Website is for use by people connected to the international television newsgathering and sports news industries. Only individuals, companies or organizations that supply broadcast services to these industries should submit their data to the Website.
Submission and Authentication of Data
1. You agree that you are authorized by the company or organization you work for to submit data to the Website. In becoming a user, you will be issued a username/password in order to enter, change or delete your data. You warrant that you are authorized by your organization to enter and change data and that you will not disclose your password to any other person.
2. You agree that all data submitted by yourself or your organization to the Website – whether it be to the Events section, Broadcast Services Directory, Video, Camera Crews or Photos sections - is accurate and honest and not misleading in any way. All claims made by you or your company as to the services or equipment you provide must be truthful and accurate. Furthermore, you agree that all video material and the accompanying text that you or your company may promote on the Website has been fully checked for its authenticity and accuracy and that you confirm that all broadcast rights to the video are held by you or your company.
3. In the Camera Crews section, any individual or organization that lists services or products in a particular territory must submit their genuine contact details, including a phone number, in that country.
4. Users of the Website are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the data they submit and for keeping it up to date. TVZ has no obligation to verify any data that is submitted, nor does it have any liability for incomplete, inaccurate or out-of-date data.
Failure to keep your data up to date may result in the removal of your data from the Website with no prior warning.
5. No attempt must be made to submit inaccurate or misleading information in an attempt by a company or individual to be listed higher in the alphabetical structure of the Camera Crews Directory system. Dual listings under different names are also not permitted. Such listings will be removed at the discretion of TVZ without prior notice being given.
6. You agree not to attempt to damage the Website by submitting unauthorised, harmful and invasive computer programs and codes, including viruses and malware.
7. Broadcast Services and Camera Crews companies are responsible for satisfying themselves about the credentials and honesty of individuals or companies who offer them work having located them via the Website. Likewise, those organisations wishing to hire camera or broadcast services from companies or individuals listed on the Website are responsible for verifying the accuracy of the information provided by the camera or broadcast services companies. TVZ accepts no liability for any loss or damage incurred by either party, or any other party.
8. Companies that post listings on the Events page can either be SNG [Satellite News Gathering] or non-SNG companies [for example, companies offering studio or production facilities]. SNG companies take priority in the order of listing.
Denial of Access
TVZ reserves the right to terminate your access to the Registered Users section of the Website and remove your data if for any reason we believe you or your organization are in contravention of these terms and conditions, or if we believe that your company has become insolvent or ceases to trade.
TVZ does not have to give any warning before terminating your access or removing your data.
Those companies wishing to have a banner on the TVZ website must agree to the following conditions:
1. The online Banner does not contravene any Act of Parliament in the United Kingdom, law of the European Union, rule of any statutorily recognised regulatory authority, or any other relevant legislation or code of practice.
2. No contamination file, virus, worm or Trojan horse is contained within or will originate from the online Banner, its content or any linked area.
3. The content of the online Banner is legal ,honest and truthful.
4. TVZ reserves the right to make changes to banner spaces and columns for the continued development of the website.
Availability of the Website
We give no guarantee or warranty that the Website or any part of its functionality, will be available at any given time. We may at our discretion remove or add elements of functionality.
Limitation of Liability
We are not liable for any loss or damage, however caused, arising from use of the Website or from use of the Data appearing on the Website that was submitted by us, by you, or by any third party. It is the responsibility of those who act on information and Data appearing on the Website to check on its authenticity and accuracy.
These terms and conditions will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.